CANADA DAY 2016
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CANADA DAY PARADE PARTICIPANTS
1. The person in charge of the entry MUST
sign the Application Form & Waiver.
2. Mail, email, fax or drop off the signed form to the Whitehorse Legion or give it to the parade controller at the start.
3. The parade will start at 11AM SHARP please be there on time.
4. The parade forms up on Main St, between 4th and 6th Ave, Floats and vehicles ARE REQUIRED to approach from 6th Ave.
5. The Parade Route follows Main St then Left on 2nd Ave, Right on Ogilvie St and into Shipyards Park. PLEASE FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS OF THE TRAFFIC GUIDES.
6. BE SAFETY CONCIOUS AT ALL TIME.
Keep the speed at a walking level and up with the parade. Bicycle, motorcycle and ATV riders MUST
wear a proper helmet.
7. DO NOT THROW GOODIES TO THE KIDS
The danger is that kids will run into the traffic to get the goodies and get run over, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE,
so please hand the goodies out.
8. Walking entries must walk fast enough so as not to cause a disruption or a large gap in the parade flow. Be considerate to other participants!
9. Animal entries must have a way to clean up IMMEDIATELY
when animals defecate.
10. Following the directions of the parade guides and GO INTO SHIPYARDS PARK
where the parade will end.
Your Cooperation is Appreciated
There will not be any judging we are participating to have fun.
Register by completing and submitting form above.
Red Grossinger, Canada Day Coordinator
Phone 333-4780, 667-2800 or 667-2802 Fax 667-7820